Want to learn a cool and useful skill? In this article, I’ll share with you 4 main steps for efficiently learning any skill. Let’s check them out!
In 5 months I went from barely knowing how to open photoshop to:
- making art for world famous musicians, artists, and large companies
- being proficient in 3 different industry standard design programs
- having a vast portfolio of work
- increasing my personal network of professionals by 3 fold
All on my own time, at my own pace, while having a full time job, a family, and without any school loans to pay off afterwards. I could have done it in half the time if I worked harder, and so can you.
I went from this…
Even if you are learning a tangible skill, i.e. a musical instrument, glassblowing, carpentry, etc. and won’t be spending most of your time on a computer, such as with music production, coding, or graphic design, these are still valuable steps that will decrease the learning curve.
Here is my list for expedited learning in the creative realms.
Treat your computer the same way you would treat your mind. If it’s cluttered and disorganized then you will have an infinitely harder time recalling/retaining information, and efficiently completely tasks.
Clean up your computer desktop
– No misplaced files, everything goes in a folder with a category name (preferably that has subfolders).
Download these file-sharing and note-taking apps
- Evernote – for taking notes
- Dropbox and Google docs – for file sharing and storing