- Simplify the act of creating melodies and harmonic beds for your themes
- Basic methods for creating melodies quickly
- Understand the fundamental rules of harmonic language
- Learn about intervals and how they create different emotions
- Master effective chord inversions
A free guide with the essential knowledge you need to begin composing cinematic music using digital tools.
Kickstart your musical journey today!
If you are a beginner music composer, you probably know how hard it can be to find the right information to get started writing orchestral music.
It’s not necessarily due to a lack of information, but due to the sheer amount of it, especially when many resources might point you in multiple different directions.
That’s at least how I felt when I was starting out many years ago. Through trial and error and studying many different resources, I eventually found my way too make music for a living, and learned how to write simple but emotionally stirring compositions like the ones below:
… as well as more intricate orchestrations and harmonic movements like these:
After teaching thousands of students from over 100 different countries how to master the minimal but super effective techniques that I use to compose cinematic music, I decided to put together a free kickstarter course to help you on your way.
This course consists of lectures taken from some of our flagship courses like Cinematic Music I and Trailer Music Redefined, as well as our courses on Trailer Sound Design and Cinematic Synthesis.
There are also videos on me breaking down the entire arrangement and structure of the AREIA demo that you can listen to above, as well as some other orchestrations including some of my first compositions.
The course is 100% free, and will help you get comfortable with the basics of composing effective themes, the fundamental harmony knowledge you should possess, the structure of music for Hollywood trailers, breakdowns of popular trailer sound designs, and an introduction to synth-like Serum and Massive.
Join today and begin turning the ideas in your head into amazing music!
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course:
- Gain fundamental knowledge of music composition, trailer music, and creating amazing sound effects.
- Learn the basics of melody and harmony principles
- Understand how to create compelling musical structures
- Simplify your music ideas into iconic themes
- Learn the keys to creating powerful trailer music
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of any synth to create amazing sounds
- And much more!
What's inside the course?
Cinematic Theme Writing Basics
Fundamentals of Trailer Music
- Learn to the basics of music structure
- Understand the essentials of the trailer music format
- How to start your track from scratch
- Learn to create powerful rhythms
- Finalize the main foundation of your track
Trailer SFX Breakdowns
- Dissect and understand epic trailer effects
- Learn from professional sound designer and producer Karél Psota
- Learn how to create a Braam, Hit, and Riser
- Understand specific effects from real professional examples
- Learn what your sythn knobs can do
- Tips and tricks from Ableton Certified Trainer BigJerr
- Understand the fundamental functions of any synth
- Create awesome synth sounds completely from scratch
- Learn to use the Oscillator, Modulation, and Filter sections of your synth
Bonus Content Vault
- Key insights from my Cinematic Music II course
- Breakdown and analysis of professional orchestral tracks
- In-depth analysis of harmonic development, composition, orchestration, and track structure from a real demo
- A in-depth walkthrough of Hedwig’s Theme by John Williams
- Discussion and analysis of my beginner tracks
Also, when you enroll, you'll get access to our awesome community!
The Evenant Community currently consists of over 300,000 aspiring creatives, as well as full time professionals. In the community you can:
- Ask questions about your course content inside the designated Groups
- Enter the brand new Forums and discuss everything from art, music, and business, to tips and tricks, gear, and resources
- Ask for help and feedback when you need it, and learn from others
- Share your work and lessons learned, and help others excel at their craft as well
- Get advice from professionals in the industry and learn from their mistakes and expertise
- Access other free resources and content such as our Dark Tonal Elements and Cinematic Textures sample packs
Arn Andersson – A Norwegian musician, traveler, and creative educator that aspires to empower creatives to produce better art, live better lives and make a living from their passion as the co-founder of Evenant.
Walid Feghali – A Swedish award-winning composer, concept artist, mechanical engineer, entrepreneur, and co-founder of Evenant, Walid has always been dedicated to trying new fields of study, exploring, creating, travelling and collaborating.
Karél Psota – A Sound Designer, Producer and Mixer, whose sounds have been used in theatrical trailers like Justice League, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Fantastic Beasts and more.
Mathieu Hallouin – A mixing engineer, trailer music publisher and musician based in Le Mans, France with music in campaigns such as Avengers, Captain America, Maze Runner, and more.
Tim Stoney – A trailer music composer and orchestrator based in the UK, whose music can be heard in the campaigns for Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Venom, Call of Duty: WWII and more.
BigJerr – Born in Philadelphia and currently residing in Los Angeles Jerry DiPhillippo, better known as BigJerr, has quickly made a name for himself in the Bass Music Scene. Ableton Certified Trainer, Instructor at Icon Collective, finger drummer, and father to the wildly original and inventive brand concept – SCARlit.